TERMS & CONDITIONS
By making a Booking and paying a Deposit, you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions set out. The Guest acknowledges and accepted that LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to inspect the premises or terminate the agreement immediately if, in the Agents opinion the Guest, has breached any of the conditions set out. Furthermore, any breach which could result in injury or harm to persons and/or the property.
Bookings and General
- Booking Requirements: 21 Years of Age and produce a valid credit card in the booking name (Visa or MasterCard Debit cards will not be accepted.) Check in time: 2pm. Checkout time: 10am.
- To confirm the booking guests are required to pay the deposit amount (half of the total tariff plus the $30 booking fee) within 7 days of making the booking. If the booking is not confirmed in this time period the booking will be cancelled.
- The balance of payment for all bookings are required 30 days prior to your arrival. If the reservation is made within the 30 days prior to arrival, then the full payment will be due within 7 days of booking.
- If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
- Failure to vacate by 10am may incur a late checkout fee of $50. Keys must be returned to our office immediately upon vacating the premises.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys/remotes. Lost keys/remotes can incur a $100 replacement fee. Duplicates are not always available. If keys/remotes are lost or broken and there are NO duplicates available, the tenant may be liable for costs involved to gain entry to the premises and ALSO costs to change all the locks.
- Guests requiring a key from the agent after hours will be charged a service/call out fee of $50. If a locksmith is required, the guest will be responsible for the payment of the locksmith account.
- The number of people staying in the property is not to exceed the number stated at time of booking. Overcrowding of any property WILL NOT be tolerated and you will be asked to leave if found doing so, with no refund given. . Erecting tents or housing campers or caravans in the Property’s ground is not permitted, furthermore lighting of fires in the yards of Holiday Properties are not permitted.
- LJ Hooker Iluka offers privately owned homes in residential areas for the purposes of family holidays or a relaxing get away. They are not to be used as "party venues". Noise is to be kept to a minimum between 10pm and 7am. Offensive, loud or anti-social behaviour will result in an immediate cancellation of your stay with no refund. LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to refuse any booking request it deems not to be in the best interest of the owners or the property. The following bookings are strictly forbidden: Schoolies, Bucks or Hens parties or parties for any purpose.
- LJ Hooker Iluka Holiday Rentals are strictly for holiday purposes only. LJ Hooker Iluka’s policy is that Holiday properties cannot be used to temporarily accommodate persons looking to secure a permanent rental.
- Pets are strictly prohibited at the majority of our properties. For pet friendly properties, all pets are to be kept strictly outside.
- All bookings are taken in good faith by our agency and our staff have taken great care to describe the property to the best of their knowledge. Properties are furnished to the individual property owner’s taste and style. The agent takes no responsibility for the unmet expectation of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the furnishings and equipment as seen or inferred in any advertising media.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to read the booking confirmation. By confirming the booking the guests are agreeing that they have read the booking terms and conditions and that the booking details are correct
- If the holiday property is listed for sale, this booking is accepted with the current owner at the time. In the event of the sale and the ownership changes, we cannot guarantee the property will continue to be used for holiday letting by the new owner. Should the owner change the properties usage for any reason, we will notify you immediately if the property has sold and make every endeavor to find you alternate accommodation or offer a full refund.
- The Agent endeavors to have any repairs to appliances attended to as soon as possible. However due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. having to order parts or non-availability of tradespeople, immediate repairs may not be possible. No responsibility is accepted by the agent for these unforeseen circumstances. There will be no refunds or discounts deducted from tariffs for unusable appliances awaiting repairs.
- We or our trade’s people reserve the right to enter the property at any time to investigate or undertake any repairs or complaints.
- In the event of any construction work being carried out near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control.
- Our agency takes no responsibility for recovery of personal items left at the property. Items left at the property will not be automatically returned. Please contact our office if you feel you may have left something behind. These items will be held in our office for collection for no longer than 2 weeks. Items will only be returned upon receipt of payment for postage. Unclaimed items will be donated to local charity.
- If there are any unresolved issues or incidences including but not limited to bond claims, noise disturbances or damage done to a property you will be listed on the “Bad Books” database, which third party agencies are able to access.
- If your booking is cancelled 30 days or more prior to your arrival a $130 cancellation fee applies. Any monies held in excess of this amount will be refunded to you. If the booking is cancelled within 30 days of your arrival date, any refund will be subject to LJ Hooker Iluka re-booking the premises for the same period as your booking. Upon re-booking a refund less the $130 cancellation fee will apply. If LJ Hooker Iluka are unable to re-book the property, no refund will be given.
- All bookings are arranged for the dates as shown on your confirmation letter/email and are taken in good faith by our agency. Booking dates may be subject to change, as we may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. We cannot accept responsibility for the actions taken by the owner of the premises. LJ Hooker Iluka reserves the right to cancel any booking should we be instructed to by the owner. In this event, our agency will notify you as soon as possible and endeavor to arrange alternative accommodation or refund monies paid.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to contact the agent to rebook a property.
- The Guests who book during peak periods have first preference for the same property for the same dates for the following year. For returning bookings over the Christmas school holiday period, guests will have until the 31st January (immediately following their booking) to rebook. If the property is not rebooked by this date the property will be made available to other bookings.
- If you have not received an email confirming your booking please contact the office immediately.
Bonds and Cleaning
- We require upon check-in a copy of your credit card information (VISA/MasterCard) to be held as a security. If a credit card is unable to be provided, a $200 cash bond will be held in trust. Properties will be inspected upon departure. Our office will advise you as soon as possible if there is a claim. For cash bonds an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) will be made into your nominated bank account within 7 days of the property being inspected. Claims against your security bond may include but not be limited to the following: excess cleaning, damages or breakages at the property, excess garbage removal, missing items and pet damage.
- If there are any issue with the cleanliness of the property, please report this to out agency within an an hour of arrival in order for office to rectify the problem immediately.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any holiday property. If our cleaners have reason to believe that smoking has occurred during your stay you may be liable for additional cleaning and laundering costs of all carpet, furnishings and window coverings.
- Guests are required leave the property tidy. It is the guests’ responsibility to ensure that; the BBQ is cleaned after each use, complete all washing up, empty the dishwasher, put dishes away, put garbage out and remove excess recycling/ rubbish from the property.
- Failure to comply with these obligations will result in the following cleaning charges being deducted from the guests bond: (Please note that all credit card transactions do incur a 1.5% surcharge)
- Excesses cleaning (soiled upholstery, drapes, doonas/pillows, food marks on floor, walls and appliance/BBQ’s and dog droppings) you will be charged an excess cleaning fee of a minimum of $30. If carpets/rugs require professional cleaning you will be charged a minimum of $100)
- Failure to clean the BBQ after each use and before departure ($30 Cleaning Fee)
- Failure to complete all washing up and empty the dish washer ($20 Cleaning fee)
- Failure to remove excess rubbish and recycling ($30 disposal fee)
- If there are any issues with the cleanliness of the property, please report this to our agency within an hour of arrival in order for our office to rectify the problem immediately
Pet Friendly properties
- Guests are responsible for the removal of all pet droppings from the grounds and to repair/ refill any holes if necessary. Extra charges from your bond will be charged if the pet is found to have been inside the premises. If fleas are found to be present after your stay the charge to have a flea spray carried out will be deducted from your bond.
- LJ Hooker Iluka will not be held responsible for the safety of your pet during your stay
- In the event of an emergency please contact 0402 247 841 to report the incident or damage to the property